For those who are thinking to give it a shot, checkout the following study materials:
“Do Better Scrum”
– by Peter Hundermark, a CSC and CST in Africa and Brazil. Provides a set of tips and insights into how to do Scrum well. (Also available in Spanish.)
“The Scrum Primer”
– by Pete Deemer, Gabrielle Benefield, Craig Larman, and Bas Vodde. An early description of Scrum, written in 2006 by a respected group of CST practitioners. Offers an in-depth introduction to the theory and practice of Scrum.
“The Scrum Papers”
– compiled by Jeff Sutherland, one of the co-creators of Scrum. A collection of papers relating to the practice of scrum that covers the basics all the way up to advanced topics such as how to scale Scrum.
“Scrum topic pages”
– by CST Mike Cohn. An online overview of many of the Scrum basics.
– by Tobias Mayer. A domain-independent overview of the Scrum framework.